Cinematographer calls out filmmakers for treating crew members lesser than actors

Nigerian cinematographer, KC Obiajulu has called out movie producers for discriminating between crew members and actors.

Cinematographer calls out filmmakers for treating crew members lesser than actors

He shared a meme showing the difference between the breakfast given to actors on set and that of crew members. According to him, the meme triggered him so he decided to point out the obvious mistreatment that occurs at movie sets.

Taking to Twitter, he highlighted that crew members should be offered decent meals, as they lift the heavy gears on set. Adding that they should also learn to speak with the people behind the scenes nicely.

His post reads,

So I saw this on Instagram and it triggered me, someone posted it as a meme but that's the reality of most crew members especially in Nigeria. I have had my own fair share of it. Why will a man who lift heavy gears that weigh at least 70kg 10 times a day be denied a proper meal?

I have seen welfare departments go round asking some people what they want to eat then ignoring others. These people that lift the heavy gears (lights, cranes, stands, weights etc) deserve to get a decent meal at least. Fuel them to work especially if you are going to make them work 16-20 hours in a day when I ideally they should work 12 hours.

If you want to build a team don't be the first to divide the team by determining who eat what and who doesn't. Food is very important for crew members. I also know some crew members abuse it, but until then feed them. At least they earned it. Also learn to speak to them nicely, just the same way you will speak to those you consider important on your set. Peace ✌?

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...