Don Jazzy, Adekunle Gold, Omojuwa, others react to the new charges against Omoyele Sowore

Don Jazzy, Adekunle Gold, Omojuwa, others react to the new charges against Omoyele Sowore
After months of detaining pro-democracy activist, Omoyele Sowore, the Department of State Services has charged him to court for treasonable felony, cyberstalking President Muhammadu Buhari among other offences.

This new charges had gotten the reactions of some Nigerian celebrities.

Don Jazzy and Adekunle Gold kicked against Federal government charges on Sowore for daring to organise a non-violent protest and for causing 'insult' on the person of Muhammad Buhari.

They both took to Twitter to express their displeasure.

Reacting to the new development, singer, Adekunle Gold Tweeted, 'I really don't want to believe those fictional charges against Sowore. Treasonable what? A fucking Joke'.

While Don Jazzy said, 'this dangerous precedent of stifling opposition voices and dissenting opinions has survived enough. Let's not pretend our nascent democracy isn't being sabotaged when citizens shudder at the thought of people they elected into power. I plead for Sowore'.

Omojuwa also tweeted, 'If citizens are now being charged for insulting the president, what's left of Nigeria's democracy? Free Sowore already. This is beyond embarrassing. I don't even remember any previous Nigerian dictator who charged any citizen for insulting him. Not even Buhari as a military ruler'.

See more reactions below....

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...