Daddy Freeze disagrees with Femi Otedola for saying 'technology ended the need for archaic wristwatches'

Earlier today, we reported of how Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola gave his reason for not being a fan of wristwatches as he deems the piece of accessory "archaic". ICYMI

Daddy Freeze disagrees with Femi Otedola for saying 'technology ended the need for archaic wristwatches'

In a new development, media personality, Daddy Freeze, who's known to have a strong flair for watches especially designer timepieces, has disagreed with the billionaire in a new post on Instagram.

Daddy Freeze stated that while a lot of people see a wristwatch as a mere timepiece that tells what time it is, a handful of people appreciate it as the horological genius that goes into haute horlogerie.

He wrote in full,

Uncle Femi, I no gree this one o.... lol...

In my humble opinion, I think it all boils down to choice.

While many see a wristwatch as a mere timepiece that tells you what time it is, a few of us appreciate the horological genius that goes into haute horlogerie.

The focus of high end watchmaking leans largely on the complexity of the movement, combined with a proficiency for demonstrating the mastery of watchmaking arts.

In that vein, a Patek Phillipe, Piaget, Richard Mille or Audemars Piguet tourbillon for instance, is a masterpiece of artwork, sheer mechanical erudition and exceptional material craftsmanship; the horological equivalent of a Picasso on your wrist.

I wouldn't buy Vincent Van Gogh or Paul Cezanne paintings for my wall, but that won't stop me from appreciating the work that went into creating them, even if the painting techniques and materials are today considered old fashioned.

That asides my Egbon, that your office is awesome and we all love you on social media as you are an inspiration to many. ~FRZ

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...