Man mistakenly proposes to girl he plans to dump

Man mistakenly proposes to girl he plans to dump
A man mistakenly proposes to girl he actually planned to dump using the ring he had intended to give to a love interest, he had been dating secretly at work.

The man, a Reddit user named Propermistakeregret, said the last new year's eve was a nightmare for him, as it was the time, he mistakenly proposed to his longtime girlfriend, whom he had intended to break up with. He placed a portion of the blame on alcohol though, reports Metro UK.

He shared his story with fellow Redditors and how much he regretted it.

He said:

"I'm seeing someone else, wanted to break up with her. I bought the ring for a work colleague, wasn't planning to propose until the holiday we planned.

"During New Year's Eve, I proposed to my girlfriend. It's been posted on my friend's Snapchat, my girlfriend's Facebook page, everywhere.

"I saw people proposing so I wanted to go with the flow and proposed to my girlfriend whilst partially pissed. Can I get the ring back and cancel the engagement please?"

Unfortunately, law experts on Reddit explained, it wouldn't be possible for him to get the ring back unless perhaps it costs a fortune and he was able to show that he was so intoxicated that he lacked legal capacity to offer a gift.

After a few unforgiving comments from users including pleas for the poster to see a therapist, he posted an update, that he is now marrying his original girlfriend.

He said:

"I've had a long and hard think to myself, I decided to hand in my four-week notice to my boss and start afresh.

"I think it's best my girlfriend doesn't find out about the affair, I've been having so I've spoken to my colleague and told her I'm not going on holiday with her and I've ended it with her.

"I've known my girlfriend longer and my mum gave me a call saying she's happy and she's always wanted grandchildren and whatnot, so I didn't want to disappoint my mum. I'm going to marry my girlfriend."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...