Fear Of 'Yahoo Boys' Has Made Us Stop Wearing Pants - Women In Delta State

Fear Of 'Yahoo Boys' Has Made Us Stop Wearing Pants - Women In Delta State

For some time, there have been reports that some ritualists, also known as 'Yahoo boys', have been stealing female underwear, sometimes at gunpoint, particularly around campuses of tertiary institutions in Delta State.

Although the veracity of the claims that such stolen undies are used for ritual purposes has not been established, such reports have instilled fear into the hearts of ladies living in such areas, resulting in fear and panic.

And in the ensuing panic, our correspondent observed that many ladies in the affected areas in Delta have been devising ways to safeguard themselves against danger.

It was learned that the underwear of girls and women, particularly of ages between 14 and 35, are allegedly considered as 'hot cakes' for use by the ritualists.

Used pants, according to some students at Asaba campus of the Delta State University, sells for as much as N350,000, with some adding that the price can be higher if it is confirmed to have body fluids.

At the campus, it was learned that one of the measures being used by female students to protect themselves is to go out without wearing pants.

For instance, a student of the school, who lives outside the school campus and who only identified herself as Esther, said three of her friends had started employing the strategy of going out without wearing pants.

"We hear that the pants those ritualists or 'Yahoo boys' steal are being used for money ritual. After they finish performing some rituals on the pants, the owners will start bleeding or vomiting blood. Since the news got to us, three of my friends have stopped wearing pants.

I have stopped going out at night, even for something as important as going to the campus to study at night. Although I heard that these evil people also operate during the day, I believe it is more dangerous at night.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...