Heated argument ensues on twitter after popular brand consultant says women don't enjoy cooking (Screenshots)

Heated argument ensues on twitter after popular brand consultant says women don't enjoy cooking (Screenshots)
Subomi Plumptre, of Alder Consulting, shared some controversial tweets that have resulted in heated arguments on Twitter.

The popular brand consultant wrote:

"Many women are like me - cooking is a trial & tribulation. We don't enjoy it. But "culture" guilts us into doing it. I was set free by a friend. She told me she stopped cooking the day it dawned on her that she had no point to prove. She could cook. She simply chooses not to.

"That day, I learnt a very important lesson - no one needs to know your business really. You don't need to take permission to live your life or announce your independence to the world. Just live.

"Too many people are trying to be activists when it is not their calling. They are trying hard to be role models when they lack the intestinal fortitude for sacrifice, vilification and sorrow. They have not counted the cost.

"Some people are better off keeping their heads down and simply enjoying life on their own terms".

As expected, she had people who shared her views and a lot who didn't, resulting in a heated Twitter debate about gender roles.

See some of the reactions below.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...