Father explains why he will not let his son read certain parts of the Bible until he's in his 20s

Father explains why he will not let his son read certain parts of the Bible until he's in his 20s

A California based Nigerian father has vowed not to let his young son read certain parts of the Bible until he's in his 20s.

Chike Delic Obi explained the reason for his decision.

He wrote,

"There are parts of the Bible I can't let my son read or hear about until he's in the teens.

"How do I explain to him that a 'holy' prophet sent bears to devour 42 children for mocking his baldness? 2 Kings 2: 23-25

"This same bald head I have.

"How do I explain to a child that a man was killed by God for pulling out and not getting his dead brother's wife pregnant? Gen 38:9

"How do I explain that God hated Esau before he was born without going into the murky waters of predestination vs free will? Rom 9: 11-13

"How do I explain SLAVERY?

"That it wasn't expressly commanded against but was actually regulated including how to beat them and get away with their murder if they die after a few days. Ex 21: 20-21

"How do I explain that verses in the Bible were used as an excuse to enslave his ancestors and convince them it was God's will for them to obey their masters as unto the lord? Eph 6:5

"How do I explain that women and children were killed for the sins of their husband/ fathers? Num 16: 27-33 (and more)

"How do I explain that a man offered his virgin daughter to men that want to rape his male guests (and they actually rape her to death)? Gen 19: 8

"AND SO MUCH MORE.

"Someone gave us a Children's picture Bible with story of the bald prophet and other disturbing content. I have long removed it from my house so he doesn't see it. Just like I won't expose him to violent and sexually explicit movies and books".

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...