Toyin Abraham reacts after fans criticized her movies

Veteran actress, Toyin Abraham has clashed with her fans who criticized her newly released movie, The Prophetess.

“The Prophetess” which was produced and directed by Niyi Akinmolayan and stars Toyin Abraham as lead cast, premiered last weekend and started screening today at the cinemas nationwide.

Upon seeing the movie today, a popular movie critic on Instagram, Cinema Pointer described it as thrash, “Not Recommended. Chaotic and noisy, ‘The Prophetess’ is One Hundred and Forty Four minutes of nonsense.”

Some other fans also dragged the actress for producing movies that are not good enough for the cinema.

Reacting in anger, Toyin Abraham wrote to Cinemapointer;

“I can bet my life that you’re someone in the industry that does not like me cause I’m doing great and you cannot stop me. Any movie I act in or produce, you always trash it. I’m sure you thought I produced prophetess but no I didn’t produce, I only acted in it. I have my audience and market, I keep feeding them.

My darling, making 130 million during the pandemic and end sars is not a joke and being number one on Netflix for weeks is not a fluke. Prophetess is about Nigeria, for Nigerians and made by Nigerians, (Mr Niyi Akinmolayan)and you say bad things about it. Cinemapointer, whoever you are and whoever paid you, I leave you to your conscience.

And lastly, like I said, I am a brand and I know my market and I willing never stop feeding my market. Peace and love.
NB: we won’t bribe your the way others are bribing you, so keep saying trash; but let God judge you. If you want me to really believed your reviews, my darling show your face.”

See posts below;

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...