Yahoo-yahoo is responsible for low rate of cultism, robberies in Nigeria - Seyi Awolowo

Yahoo-yahoo is responsible for low rate of cultism, robberies in Nigeria - Seyi Awolowo

Former big brother Naija housemate, Seyi Awolowo, has claimed the prevalence of cyber fraud in Nigeria is responsible for the low rate of crimes like cultism, robbery, and kidnapping in the country.

He spoke during a recent chat with GoldMyneTV after he was asked if the youth engaging in cybercrime are influenced by politicians who indulge in the looting of public funds.

"This thing is long and deep. I don't stand for the yahoo-yahoo thing. But do you know that yahoo is the reason we don't have really high amount of cultism?," the reality TV star asked.

"And this is just my perspective 'cause when I was in university, I was always harassed by cultists. But then the next thing, there was a flow of yahoo and they all just disappeared.

"People that used to slap and want to obtain would now rather give. It is something bad, so overtime we abused it.

"Leaders who are supposed to make us see bad in it are doing worse things, stealing more money, and getting away with it. So yahoo boys are like, 'if he can steal and get away, why can't I? And I'm not even stealing from Nigeria'." he said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...