#EndSARS: "Increase police salary to N200k" - Actor Williams Uchemba writes Buhari

#EndSARS: 'Increase police salary to N200k' - Actor Williams Uchemba writes Buhari

Nollywood actor, Williams Uchemba has written an open letter to president Muhammadu Buhari on the #EndSARS campaign.

The actor pleaded with Buhari for an Executive Order to #EndSars because this is not the first time Nigerians have heard that it's been dissolved.

He also requested for Nigerian police System reformed and more. Read his letter below...

"Dear Mr President @muhammadubuhari

Ever since I took this selfie of us I have not posted it but I decided to post it today so that you know I'm not speaking from afar.

Firstly, the truth of the matter is that you are the Father and Number 1 citizen of this country Nigeria, and in every family, where there is chaos, disagreements or misunderstanding, the family looks up to the Father to resolve it as the head of the house.

The last time we met, you assured us that you have the best interest of the Nigerian youth at heart, Sir there is no better time to show that the voice of the Nigerian youth matters than now.

All we are asking for is an Executive Order from you to #EndSars because this is not the first time we've heard that it's been dissolved.

#EndSARS: 'Increase police salary to N200k' - Actor Williams Uchemba writes Buhari

Secondly Sir, we need the Nigerian police System reformed.

Thirdly, I don't know if you know this but a police recruit makes N32k (less than $80) every month which does not justify but explains the immense corruption, extortion and bribery we see on the road everyday. We need their salaries increased to atleast N200k.

Sir, all we ask is for you to come on TV and stand with us now more than ever."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...