"I'm in love with my beloved fans" - Korede Bello

'I'm in love with my beloved fans' - Korede Bello

The ladies love him while fans can’t get enough of his signature wink. The eighteen-year-old singer, guitarist, songwriter and composer talks about his craft

Have you always wanted to do music?
I did not set out to be a musician, but I always found myself singing or taking interest in musical videos. Growing up, I idolised musicians like Michael Jackson, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti, Usher Raymond and Chris Brown. I started out as a dancer. As a child, I used to dance to Daddy Showkey’s music in school.

How would you describe your childhood?

I was a good child. Growing up, I was loved by everyone and people wanted to be around me. I made people smile, I oozed happiness and people wanted to associate with me.

When did you take up music seriously?

That was few years ago, about four years ago.

Have you been able to define your style of music?

Yes I have, although I am still growing. The philosophy of my music is to give life, hope and joy. I want people to be optimistic when they listen to my music even though it could come in different sounds or genres.

You seem to have more female fans and the wink has become a signature. Does it come naturally?

I will not say I anticipated it. Nobody forced me to wink, I brought it upon myself and I have always been loved right from childhood. I appreciate the fact that my fan base is growing. It makes me want to work harder than I am already doing.

When do you plan to release your debut album?

I can’t tell now but officially, I have two singles and I have featured in two others. The first was ‘African Princess’. I have also been featured in Adaobi, Dorobucci and Looku Looku as well.

What is your selling point?

It has to be the values and goal of my music. I do good music and I call my music, sweet music. I do not know if other artistes see music the way I do. Music is a blessing. I was blessed with it and I want to share that blessing

How about the financial benefits?

I do not want to be misquoted, but I thank God for the journey so far. I am no longer where I used to be financially; I can see mega money already.

What is your idea about education?

I am passionate about education. It may not be formal education, but I encourage people to acquire some education. I am a mass communication student and I just finished my national diploma at the Nigerian Institute of Journalism. I am an associate member of the Institute of Information Management, Africa. I would like to have a degree in Mass Communication or Sociology.

How do you intend to marry schooling and your career?

I am grateful for the advancement in technology; it is not the way it used to be. I pray for God’s grace to be able to manage it. I could do a part-time course. Those are my plans, but God could have a different plan for me.

How would you describe your personal style?

Style to me is what makes the ladies smile. It is what I am comfortable in; what is inside of me and what I am trained to tell the world I am. I like to look good and attractive to the opposite sex. I like to look simple. I like to wear tee-shirts, jeans and mixed with my African prints. I have a thing for perfumes.

What is your daily grooming regimen?

I take my bath twice a day. I eat healthy and drink about eight glasses of water a day. I take a lot of fruits and eat at the appropriate time.

Do you spend a lot of time taking care of your hair?

Time is relative. My hair is my identity and I wake up like this every day.

What would you be if you were not a musician?

I would have been a broadcaster; I like to be in front of the screen.

Are you in a relationship?

Yes, with my beloved fans.

Do you find fame intoxicating?

I am surrounded by people who mean well for me and are experienced. I cannot say I would do it on my own but I look up to God for grace to overcome any obstacle that may arise.

How did you meet Don Jazzy?

Someone introduced me to him. The person listened to my music and he introduced me to someone who in turn introduced me to Don Jazzy. Don Jazzy is a compassionate leader. He is a humble person and I hope to be like him.

Which artistes do you hope to collaborate with?

I will like to work with Tuface because he is a legend. He makes music to make people happy. I will like to work with Asa. Internationally, I want to make music with Ed Sheeran and Arianna Grande.

Do you write your own songs?

Yes I do. For inspiration, I have to be engaged in an activity. Most of the time, I play the guitar or keyboard.

How do you relax?

I like to communicate with my fans on social media, see movies and play musical instruments.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...