Juliet Ibrahim, Afia Schwarzenegger, Yaa Jackson, others mark Ghana's independence day in style

Ghanaian celebrities have flooded social media with colourful pictures as their country celebrates its independence day today.

Juliet Ibrahim, Afia Schwarzenegger, Yaa Jackson, others mark Ghana's independence day in style

Independence Day is an official state holiday celebrated on March 6in Ghana. The day marks the country's independence from the United Kingdom and was declared by late Prime Minister Kwame Nkrumah on 6 March 1957.

Actress Juliet Ibrahim, singer Yaa Jackson, comedienne Afia Shwarzenegger, Hamamat, Sister Deborah and Hajia 4 Real are among the celebrities who decided to celebrate their country's special day in style.

Hamamat who shared a picture with Hajia 4 Real and Sister Deborah in colours of their country's flag had this to say:

"Happy Birthday to my beloved country #Ghana.

"I am so proud to be an AFRICAN born Ghanaian.

"Welcome to Ghana, my homeland. Ghana is the "gateway to Africa" and Africa my sweet mother Africa is the land of Kings and QUEENS: the dream of the richest vegetation and wildlife the birthplace of civilisation the home of Precious minerals and an everlasting nursery of people in culture.

"She is first and foremost in my thoughts. I love Africa - I love Ghana, I love my motherland"

See more photos below;

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...