A Short Peep In To Jose Mourinho's Fashion Style

Former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho recently became the new coach for Tottenham was all over the internet and people were happy. The coach is also elated about the news, in his words:

"I am excited to be joining a club with such a great heritage and such passionate supporters," said Mourinho. "The quality in both the squad and the academy excites me. Working with these players is what has attracted me."

Mourinho is not just a coach, he is also possesses a good fashion sense and has never been caught unfresh. Speaking on his fashion, he said: "I prefer black, grey and dark blue and have since I was 18 or 19 when I started dressing more discreet,". This is a good sign, it shows loyalty and consistency, albeit to charcoal jumpers and black loafers.

Below are some of his fashion statements:

Cashmere

Dugouts are one of the coldest places in the world. So Jose Mourinho decided to invest in cashmere, this is one of the manager's finest styling tricks. He would sometimes wear four of five ultra-thin cashmere jumpers layered up, millefeuille-like, under a light woollen coat. This replaces the suits and ties other coaches wear.

Suit and Scarf Combo

Talk about navy blue and a bit of sky blue combination, you are talking about Jose. He matches blue so well, Chelsea must have been proud. He lets his shoe do the talking by throwing the dressing on with a pair of dark brown shoes to that elusive smart-casual crosshair at any event.

To balance this look, the scarf worn by Jose is more of a weapon of status. Mourinho would wear his scarf boa-like around his neck which set him apart from wearers of the basic "terrace knot", a fine but relatively pedestrian look.

Coat With Collar Popping

Mourinho wears coats with the collar popping. This protects the neck by flipping-up the collar of the coat, he balances this with a nice shirt showing under the collar.

Suede Shoes

The easiest way to incorporate a hint of the decade's rockstar style into your armoury is to go for some suede shoes with your suit, either Chelsea boots with a brown suede Oxford or, like Mourinho here, suede trainers. Mourinho pairs his clothing with a suede trainer that adds the perfect twist to his style.

Wondering what his fashion rule is? In an interview with Guardian UK, he said: "I would never wear something just because it looked good if I weren't comfortable"

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...