Headies 2019: Falz calls for release of Sowore as he floors Olamide, Ill Bliss, others to win Best Rap Single award

Headies 2019: Falz calls for release of Sowore as he floors Olamide, Ill Bliss, others to win Best Rap Single award

Controversial Nigerian rapper, Folarin Falana, popularly known as 'Falz' has called for the release of the co-convener of RevolutionNow Movement, Omoyele Sowore.

Falz called for the release of Sowore while receiving the award at the 2019 Headies award for the best rap single.

Falz emerged winner of 'Best Rap single' category after defeating the likes of Ill Bliss, Olamide, Hotyce and others in the category.

Speaking on stage, Falz said: "Music as a weapon of rebellion, conscious music is being recognized and I've done conscious music and I will never stop doing this.

"I believe music should be used as a tool to force the change we want. Free Sowore ."

Recall that the Justice Ijeoma Ojukwu-led court had granted Sowore bail in the sum of N100 million and two sureties in like sum.

Ojukwu held that the prosecution failed to show good reasons the defendants should not be granted bail since the offences are bailable.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...