Tiwa Savage cancels her upcoming show in South Africa.. South Africans reply her

Tiwa Savage has announced on Twitter hat she is pulling out of a concert she was billed to perform in South Africa in september, while condemning the "barbaric butchering of Nigerians" in South Africa.

"I refuse to watch the barbaric butchering of my people in SA. This is SICK. For this reason I will NOT be performing at the upcoming DSTV delicious Festival in Johannesburg on the 21st of September. My prayers are with all the victims and families affected by this."

Tiwa Savage cancels her upcoming show in South Africa.. South Africans reply her

She wrote on twitter.

Some South Africans are reacting to her tweet.

@uNdlunkulu_Xoli: I thought Americans were the only ignorant ones... clearly yal have joined the ignorant mob. You believe everything you see on the Media. There's no butchering. I also find it very weird that you have never spoken against the crimes some of your fellow brothers are commiting in countries they're at. USA. Saudi. RSA. You've said NOTHING. Isn't that weird also for you? Why not boycott ALL kinds of crimes? Or you love Nigerian crimes? Narratives are shaped to serve an objective that has nothing to do with xenophobia but go on. ?

@MadikelaMakgaba: And the Festival won't be canceled because you're not coming... You worth nothing here in South Africa.

@sthebeworldwide: YOUR PROBLEM IS THAT YOU THINK YOU'RE IMPORTANT. THAT'S WHY. NONSENSE

@ThickLeeyonce: There's no butchering that's happening? Stop spreading fake news ??

@JustTlou_: you acting like you performance will make a huge impact in South Africa stay there... a re go batle sfebe tena

@PhungulaSam: Now if this was Beyoncé we would be touched kodwa ke??‍♀️??‍♀️

@MathekgaDukes: It seems like everyone is misinformed about what actually is happening here,where it all started,a nigerian national killed a Sfrican on a drug related issue in cold blood,no one wants to address this,why no one is calling truce.

@Kagiso14303996: U were on the line up?? We actually didn't know & we don't care

Africans have come out to boycott South Africa after days of looting and violence targeting foreigners in which five people died.

Nigerian singers and Zambia's football team are among those in the boycott.

South Africa's Minister of Social Development Lindiwe Zulu told the BBC the rioters feared losing their jobs to foreigners.

The country has become a magnet for migrants from other parts of Africa.

Nigerian Afrobeats star Burna Boy vowed to never go to South Africa again until the government "wakes up". (Read Here)

He tweeted that he himself had had his own "xenophobic experiences at the hands of South Africans " in 2017.

Zambia's football association has cancelled an international friendly match against South Africa scheduled to take place on Saturday in the capital, Lusaka.

"This is because of the security concerns, you never know what can happen," Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) secretary general Adrian Kashala, told AFP news agency. "We want to be sure of the security of [the] visiting team," he added.

Police say five people have been killed but have not revealed their identities or nationalities.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...