Nicki Minaj renews marriage license, set to wed boyfriend, Kenneth Petty

Nicki Minaj renews marriage license, set to wed boyfriend, Kenneth Petty

American rapper, Nicki Minaj has officially announced her wedding with her boyfriend, Kenneth Petty.

The 36-year-old rapper broke the news in the new episode of her Queen Radio Show.

Nicki said she and boyfriend Kenneth Petty will be married in "about 80 days", US Weekly reports.

She explained that she and Petty filed for the marriage license and they still had to pick it up and she was traveling, adding that by the time she came back, they had to renew it again.

"From that time, you have 90 days to get married.

"That was about a week ago, so now I have about 80 days," she said.

Nicki also said that she and Petty will tie the knot before the license expires, but plan to have a bigger reception later.

"I have to work on my album and I have a lot to focus on that I don't want to do the big wedding now. We'll do the big wedding later.

"I'll be married before my album comes out, but will have my wedding after the album comes out.

"Before the 90 days is over, yes, I will be married.

"I'm very happy about that because my baby makes me so happy," Minaj said.

Back in June, Nicki, who started dating Petty in December 2018, confirmed they had got a marriage license.

"We did get our marriage license," Minaj said on Queen Radio at the time.

"I think I have what I was striving for, just happiness.

"It was so hard to get to a happy place.

"Now that I'm there, I don't want to compromise that for anyone or anything," she said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...