"I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now" - Yung6ix, declares

'I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now' - Yung6ix, declares
Nigerian rapper Onome Onokohwomo, professionally called Yung6ix, has said he is presently the only rapper in the country, adding that no other artiste is doing rap music.

He said this during an Interview on HipTV, adding that there was no rap artiste like him in Nigeria.

Yung6ix mentioned 50 Cent, Jay Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West as the foreign rappers that inspire him.

"I am the only rapper in the country right now," he said.

"I can't see anybody doing modern day rap music apart from myself. It's just the truth. It's just the fact. They don't do it like I do it."

The rapper said being a native of the south-south region of Nigeria had been the most challenging thing for him in his career.

"When they want to give awards, they keep us out of it. First of all, which other rapper from south-south has been doing this for the past ten years?

"I had a chance because I came into the industry under the right record label," he added

On the rise and growing influence of the Afrobeats genre, he said: "When we started, the industry was not on this level. We are past the point where Afrobeats is so big. We are about to conquer the world."

When asked about his relationship status, the rapper said it "depends on my location", adding that "sometimes, I wake up single, sometimes I don't".

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...