Morgan Freeman, who was accused Thursday of sexual harassment by several women, has issued a longer statement in response to the allegations. Through his publicist Stan Rosenfield, Freeman said:
"I am devastated that 80 years of my life is at risk of being undermined, in the blink of an eye, by Thursday's media reports.
All victims of assault and harassment deserve to be heard. And we need to listen to them. But it is not right to equate horrific incidents of sexual assault with misplaced compliments or humor.
I admit that I am someone who feels a need to try to make women-and men-feel appreciated and at ease around me. As a part of that, I would often try to joke with and compliment women, in what I thought was a light-hearted and humorous way.
Clearly I was not always coming across the way I intended. And that is why I apologized Thursday and will continue to apologize to anyone I might have upset, however unintentionally.
But I also want to be clear: I did not create unsafe work environments. I did not assault women. I did not offer employment or advancement in exchange for sex. Any suggestion that I did so is completely false."
Other related articles...
- Evicted #BBNaija Housemate, Kemen Apologizes to Tboss Over 'S*xual Assault' (Statement)
- Barcelona icon Iniesta issues big statement concerning the controversial photos he uploaded
- La Liga President Issues Worrying Statement Over Cristiano Ronaldo ' s Imminent Exit
- Nina also unfollows her benefactor Toyin Lawani, as Miracle issues press statement
- Shina Peller is unjustly held hostage for no reason by Lagos police - Management issues statement
- FAAN Issues Statement After Aremu Afolayan's Video Accusing Immigration Officers Of Collecting Bribe Went Viral
- Anambra State Government issues Press statement on the case of alleged child marriage involving 15-year-old girl and demented Ozubulu man