How Strange Sickness Paralysed Pretty Actress Lydia Forson

Endowed and talented Ghanaian actress Lydia Forson took to her page to thank God for her spared life. She has been down for a while now, after she had a major surgery and was paralysed.

She declared herself a survivor as she narrated her experience. Read her story...

Last year I was in the best shape of my life, I was healthy, strong and everything seemed to be falling into place. But little did I know that God was preparing me for a tough year ahead.

Living in the public eye means going through a lot alone.

You hesitate to share certain parts of your life with the world, because you can't always trust that people will understand what you're going through, have compassion or even be sensitive to your pain.

That's how I underwent major surgery this year and kept it to myself, even sharing it now terrifies me.

But as I celebrate another year I want to celebrate my survival story and all the people who made it possible.

Not being able to walk, bath, and do basic things you usually take for granted teaches you a lot about life, humility and all the little things we often overlook.

In this period I've had to smile through the pain,tears and healing.

I felt the need to mask my fears for my loved ones, because I didn't think anyone would quite understand the range of emotions I was going through.

I played the part of the strong, ever ready tough girl perfectly, until the day of surgery.

No matter how reassuring and comforting my doctor, family and friends were in the lead up to my my procedure, I was also very aware of the possibility that a successful surgery, however minor was NOT guaranteed.

Thankfully I survived.

And this period brought me so much clarity on my life and I came to appreciate the raw gift of love, family,friendship and even forgiveness.

But most importantly it reminded me that I'm NEVER ALONE, especially in the moments I need it most. The overwhelming love and support from my family, friends and others I encountered during this period is a testament of GOD's unwavering presence in my life.

So today, I want to thank God, by celebrating these people who he's strategically placed in my life at nearly every turn to see me through the worst.

My mother, father, brothers, friends, doctors and even fans who've impacted my life one way or the other.

I may not always understand God's plan for my life and the things I go through, but I have faith that he's with me every step of the way, and I'll survive.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...