'I Signed Davido With A Rolex Watch.. His Dad Begged Me To Release Him To Allow Him Go To School'- D'banj

'I Signed Davido With A Rolex Watch.. His Dad Begged Me To Release Him To Allow Him Go To School'- D'banj

D'banj in a new interview has just revealed superstsar, Davido's humble beginnings in the music industry.

Recall that in his February 2016 interview with FADER, the 'Aye' singer opened up on how he came to music, dropping out of Oakwood University in the United States, blowing cash his billionaire father sent him for his upkeep, stealing his older brother's ID to attend clubs in Atlanta, and destroying his SIM card before hopping on a plane to London.

Davido later met D'banj and his career in music kicked off after his successful single 'Dami Duro' introduced him to Nigerians as 'omo baba olowo', and since then, there hasn't been a dull moment for the award winning singer who has earned global acclaim.

Now, D'banj, in a new interview with Spindle magazine, has spilled the beans on how he first signed Davido in 2014.

Here's what he told the magazine:

"I remember in 2014 when i went back to Nigeria, some young guy who used to work for me brought an artist to me and said he wanted me to sign him and i signed the artist. I remember we gave the artist a Rolex wristwatch as a signing-on fee. I signed the artist and i got a call later on that the parents of the artist wanted to meet with me. So i went and i saw the parents and they said please i want my boy to go to school. I know you have signed him but i really want him to go to school. So i said okay, let him go to school because that is what you want and then after, he can come back. The boy i am talking about is one the the bigegst artist coming in from this new generation which is Davido."

And he said more.

Watch the interesting video here:

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...