You are the Reason I'm Wicked - Nollywood Actres, Patience Ozokwor Tells Fans

You are the Reason I'm Wicked - Nollywood Actres, Patience Ozokwor Tells Fans

While speaking in an exclusive interview with Saturday Tribune, Nollywood actress, Patience Ozokwor, opened up on her widely known role as a wicked mother, wife and mother-in-law.

"If I am wicked, it is because you love it. I always want to make you happy," she said as she talked about some of her movie roles.

Speaking further she said; "Sometimes, I cry when I watch some of the characters I had played in movies at home. I just thanked God it wasn't the real me that was involved, but a character.

"Nearly all the movies where I played wicked roles made me cry because I remember what that character had done to somebody.

"I do these jobs to the best of ability because I want to sit down at home, watch and cry over what I'm doing to people.

"Two of the roles that caused me the most tears were: one role where I seized the feeding bottle of a month-old-baby and threw it away.

"I wept profusely after that scene that the director had to stop shooting until I was able to control myself. If someone had done it in real life, I would have exposed the fellow to the world to see.

"There was another one where I went to take my sister's daughter from the village, what I did to the girl, if any human being can do it to a fellow human being, I don't know what God would do to that person in turn. I met her in the kitchen, beat her so much that she fell down the stairs, rolled down and died from broken head and pains all over.

"I'd been playing wicked roles but those two movies are exceptionally horrible. I doubt that any human being would do that to anyone."

On the morality of her roles, she said; "When I play the role of a bad woman, I see myself at that instance as a mirror through which I want society to see and appreciate the fact that it is not good to be bad.

"This is the reason I do it with so much passion that it becomes almost believable. I also see such roles as an opportunity to minister to lost and wicked souls that jealousy, hatred, envy and all the likes can only bring one to ruins."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...