" I Think Every Single Mother You See Made A Wrong Choice " - Popular Actress Says

' I Think Every Single Mother You See Made A Wrong Choice ' - Popular Actress Says

Actress Lola Alao , popular for her role in Yoruba movies, recently had a chat with Vanguard in which she talked about her life as a producer, as a single mother and as an actress.

See excerpts below.

On taking a break from Nollywood: I have
been doing other things because the industry
is very poor right now. When I say poor, I mean when you produce a movie, the marketers do not make profit because of piracy. Also, people don't buy our movies like before; they would rather watch cable TV, so I decided to slow down a little. I produced a movie last year but it is yet to be released, the movie was shot in California, Las Vegas, Paris and Nigeria.

On the challenges of being a producer: Piracy
is killing this industry. I have also noticed that
anybody can decide to become a producer
which is wrong. Like I said earlier, I just produced a movie, I didn't produce it with my money; I took a bank loan which I have to pay back, but with the rate of piracy in the industry that might be a challenge.

On single mothers: I think it has to do with
making the wrong choice. I will say they haven't gotten to their final destination that is why they are single mothers. Yes, I think every single mother you see made a wrong choice.

On the father of her child: I will keep saying
that the father of my daughter is the best. He
is kindhearted and he is a very good person.

Forget whatever he might have said about me
out of annoyance, we have a very good
relationship

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...