Mike Tyson Issues Warning to Anthony Joshua As He Attains Boxing Superstar Status...Checkout What He Said

Mike Tyson Issues Warning to Anthony Joshua As He Attains Boxing Superstar Status...Checkout What He Said

Legendary boxer, Mike Tyson has warned Anthony Joshua he cannot let the fame of being the heavyweight world champion of the world go to his head.

It will be recaleld that Joshua became the IBO, WBA Super and IBF champion when he stopped Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley in April.

Tyson is the youngest heavyweight champion ever and he believes Joshua has to prepare for the change to his life outside the ring.

'The heavyweight championship will drive people crazy, you know that right?' Tyson told BBC Sport.

'It's like a crown of thorns. Everyone wants to use you for something. It's like being the President of the United States.

'Joshua can't get the big head. He has to focus on fighting. When you start focusing on money, girls or whatever it is, it's going downhill.

'No religion, nothing, you can do those things when the fight is over. Let's see if he can handle that stuff.

'It's his time. I could be wrong, I'm not the gospel of boxing but he impressed me with Klitschko.'

Joshua has already enjoyed intense popularity in Great Britain since going professional after winning gold at the London Olympics.

The 27-year-old was selling out the Manchester Arena and the O2 before, alongside Klitschko, he sold 90,000 tickets for their Wembley fight.

Joshua is now poised to become a massive hit in America and is targeting a debut on US soil in the near future.

Tyson has a history of his actions outside the ring making headlines and he hopes Joshua can deal with the spotlight on him.

'Joshua has the potential to do a lot of things,' he said. 'He's got the look and throws a lot of hard punches.

'But there is so much pressure on him. I was in Dubai and there are big posters of him there.'

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...