Herdsmen%20scenario

This year's edition of the annual Dankwo fishing festival in Lokoja ended abruptly on Saturday when gunmen opened fire on participants, Vanguard reports.

The the festival, which is an annual event organised by the Lokoja Traditional Council, was just about one hour underway when the gunmen invaded the venue, Kabawa Waterfront, in two engine boats.

The armed invaders, three in number , positioned themselves strategically inside the boats before firing gunshots indiscriminately into the crowd.

Guests at the event fled in different directions for safety but five of them were not so lucky as they were hit by bullets. Police were immediately contacted but the gunmen had escaped the scene before their arrival. They escaped in the same engine boats, it was gathered.

The Kogi State Police Command spokesman, DSP William Aya, while confirming the incident, described it as unfortunate. According to him, all the five injured victims have been taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja for treatment.

He explained that nobody died in the attack , saying that two suspects had been arrested.

Aya said that full investigation into the incident had started, adding that all those linked with the attack would be arrested and prosecuted.

5686670_chinnysblog1500565584321_jpeg8ccdfb07396b033d6bf0eb1b2833caee

Davido's uncle; Senator Ademola Adeleke, has been declared the new Governor of Osun State after a tribunal ruling in Abuja on the 22nd of March, 2019.

The DMW boss shared the news via his Instagram handle. The dancing senator, a representative of the People's Democratic Party (PDP) was initially the winner of the election which took place in September, 2018. But due to the election constitution which states that if the number difference between a winner of an election and the 1st runner-up is not up to the number of cancelled votes, there will be a re-run of the election.

Senator Ademola Adeleke won by just a slim margin Over Gbenga Oyetola the All Progressives Congress (APC). The PDP candidate won by just a few numbers which was not up to the number of cancelled votes resulting to him not declared the winner of the election as such creating an avenue for a re-run election.

In the re-run that was staged, APC candidate; Gbenga Oyetola was declared the winner, but the PDP felt there were some irregularities in the election giving them a tangible reason to challenge the result in court. The case has however been in court since last year until a ruling was announced in favour of the PDP candidate; Ademola Adeleke today.

Davido excitedly shared the news on his Instagram page just few minutes ago.

27501035_1773655112664854_1190600741083098885_o?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&_nc_ht=scontent Lax3 2.xx&oh=df74bcfca5969ce92878876583de8ca2&oe=5D0BE222

Hurray!!!

The Main Brain behind NetNaija, Emmanuel Bridge Analike, is a year older today and of course it's a special day for all NetNaija Family.

On this day, we join the whole wide world to celebrate this amazing personality who has contributed immensely to the growth and development of creative talents in Nigeria.

As you go forth to make more exploits, the entire Team NetNaija wishes you long life in good health an wealth.

Happy Birthday To Emmanuel Bridge Analike!!
If You Love NetNaija, Drop Your Well Wishes And Prayers For Him Today
Let's Go!

Gani Adams 1

The Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Chief Gani Adams, has described Saturday's election as peaceful.

Adams, who voted alongside his wife, Mojisola, at Polling Unit 049, Omole Phase 2, Ikeja, Lagos, urged Nigerians to remain peaceful and orderly in subsequent elections.

He also urged Nigerians to remain calm and be patient with the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

"I am highly impressed with the conduct of the INEC officers.

"They arrived the venue at the appropriate time and the process was peaceful.

"With the current situation, I think Nigerians have spoken by casting their votes, it is left for us to wait patiently as the result unfolds; I am impressed and I look forward to the outcome of the election," Adams said.

Also, Sen. Ganiu Solomon, described Saturday's election as peaceful.

He commended the operations of INEC and urged Nigerians to remain focused while results are being collated nationwide.

Nnamdi Kanu

The Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, has lamented over the inability of Igbos to vote during Saturday's presidential and National Assembly election s.

Kanu claimed that Igbos in Kano and Lagos state respectively were not allowed to vote on Saturday.

Kanu said this on Saturday while addressing IPOB members at a town meeting in Woolwich, London

The IPOB leader said: "We have no knives, guns bombs the only thing we have is our unity and purpose, yet they try to stop us.

"Our people were not allowed to vote on Saturday presidential election in Nigeria, those Igbos in Kano and Lagos states were not allowed to vote

"You cannot do anything to us we are resolute and would not retreat or surrender no matter what.

"If you want to destroy us kill Me, any day we pick up arms to fight the zoo nobody will blame us

"The Zoo has started to collapse and there is nothing anyone can do to restore it," Kanu warned.

Shehu Sani 1

Shehu Sani, the Senator representing Kaduna Central has raised alarm over alleged removal of ballot papers in some parts of Kaduna for the presidential election.

Sani on Saturday said that ballot papers numbering 100 were illegally removed in some places in Kaduna.

The Kaduna lawmaker who lost his polling unit to his opponent, Uba Sani of the All Progressives Congress, APC, also lamented the failure of card readers at Saturday's presidential elections.

Assistant Polling Officer, (APO) Umar Mohammed Sanusi who announced the result at the end of voting exercise said the Senator, who joined Peoples Redemption Party PRP got 51 votes while the APC candidate, Uba Sani got 236 votes.

Sani on his Twitter page wrote: "The security situation in Kaduna for the election is ok for now. However, delivery of election materials in the southern part of the city is poor.

"There also are places where 100 sheets of the ballot papers has been removed from the booklets and the card readers failed in many instances."

Atiku 1 1

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar, has defeated President Muhammadu Buhari at Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo's Polling Unit.

Osinbajo and his wife, Oludolapo cast their vote at Polling Unit 003 in Lagos State.

Atiku defeated Buhari at the Polling Unit, polling 384 votes to APC's 197.

Polling Unit 003:
State: Lagos
Result:
APC: 197 votes
PDP: 384 votes

DAILY POST reports that the battle of who becomes Nigeria's next President is between President Buhari and Atiku Abubakar.

El Rufai

The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has mocked the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

NetNaija was the first to report yesterday that Atiku, who cast his vote alongside his Wife Titi at his home unit at Jada, Adamawa, lost to President Muhammadu Buhari in the polling unit.

Mocking the forming Vice President, El-Rufai said that it looks NNPC was safe in the area.

President Buhari and Atiku engaged in a tight battle of who becomes Nigeria's next President on Saturday and Nigerians are waiting eagerly for the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to announce the results.

Gov. El-Rufai, wrote, "Atiku loses his polling unit at Ajiwa Ward in Yola to PMB. APC - 186 PDP - 167

"Atiku's home unit and wards in Jada also lost to PMB. Looks like NNPC is safe in Adamawa so far!"

Dino Melaye1

A senatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dino Melaye has won the highest votes in Mopamuro Local Government Area, Kogi west senatorial zone.

Melaye is seeking reelection into the red chamber of the National Assembly, with his toughest rival, Mr Smart Adeyemi of the APC.

Mr Ibrahim Ismaila, the INEC Collation Officer of Mopamuro LGA, announced the interim results at the collation centre in INEC LG office in Mopa at about 3: 20 a.m on Sunday.

According to Ismaila, the PDP senatorial candidate, Melaye won 5112 votes, while his closest rival Smart Adeyemi of APC got 3658 votes, ADC 784 and SDP 26 votes out of the 9717 valid votes cast.

There were 336 rejected votes, making total votes cast to be 10055. In the House of Representatives, the PDP also beat APC with 3703 votes. The APC got 3157 votes and ADC 2 609 votes.

A total of 10042 votes were cast while 9704 votes were valid while 338 votes were rejected.

In the presidential election, the PDP scored 5336 votes to the APC's 3646. He added that out of 10055 votes cast in the election, 336 were rejected while 9507 were accepted as valid.

NAN reports that the collation of final results would be done at Yagba Federal Constituency Headquarters in Isanlu in Yagba East LGA.

Tiwa

Africa's frontline female singer, Tiwa Savage, has revealed the situation at her polling unit when she cast her vote in the presidential and National Assembly elections yesterday.

The singer said she voted under a peaceful condition, but lamented the crisis and snatching of ballot boxes in other units.

NetNaija had reported that the election was marred by violence and ballot boxes snatching in some areas in Lagos State.

Videos have since emerged online showing some thugs confidently moving ballot boxes from polling units while the electorates watched in amazement.

Tiwa, who also voted in one of the polling units in Lagos State, however, lamented the rate at which thugs operated during the polls.

She tweeted, "Even though it was peaceful at my voting booth, it is still very very heartbreaking to see some of these videos and what happened at some other voting booths."

Shyngle%201

Gambian-born Ghanaian actress, Princess Shyngle has finally broken silence following her reported suicide attempt a few days ago.

The small waist lady, it was reported had overdosed on a medication and drank bleach in an alleged attempt to take her own life, before she was rushed by neighbours to Vedic Life Care Hospital in Lekki.

However in a new Insta-story post, Princess Shyngle who debunked the suicide attempt report, stated that she had a nervous breakdown which landed her in the hospital.

She also admitted that she has been battling depression, as she thanked those who stood by her during her stay in the hospital.

See her post below:

Shyngle%20%202

Omotola%20J

Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, a veteran Nigerian actress, has mocked the country over the state of the nation's economy.

The 40-year-old actress, in a post on her Instagram page during a visit to Ghana, decried the exchange rate of Naira to the Ghanaian Cedi, questioning the rate of economic growth in Nigeria vis-a-vis Ghana.

She also commended services at Ghana's airport from immigration officials.

Omotola wrote: "Okay... So Economists , come and analyze oh... this Amongst other things was quite alarming on my trip to Ghana.

"Hmm... I changed N10,000 (Ten thousand Naira) and it was only worth .....

"C120 (One hundred and twenty cedis)

"Not C1,200 and certainly not 12,000 cedis but a mere 120 cedis!!!

"1 dollar in ghana is 4.8 cedis !

"#Ghanamustgo and they have Gone, are they moving faster than us?

"I don't want to talk about the airport , Tubaba has already talked about that but I forgot both my phones while signing the immigration cards, about 10mins later, it was announced to pick them up at guest services! Ha!

"#GiantofAfrica ? #Getbusy #Getbusy #Getbusy. Abi? I'm I missing something?"

Actor IK Ogbonna 1

While speaking in an exclusive interview with radio presenter and media personality, Daddy Freeze, popular Nollywood actor and model, IK Ogbonna, spoke out for the first time since rumours of a split from wife, Sonia Morales, emerged online.

The Abia state-born actor who disclosed during the chat that like every marriage, his union with Morales is far from perfect, said; "Even if we have issues like every relationship has, I feel like when we see one on one, we will sort them out.

"The thing I hate about Nigerians on marriage is that everyone tries to pretend like marriage is perfect. If you don't fight with your wife, you are not in a relationship. No marriage is perfect. My wife is my best friend first. We might not agree on everything but we are true friends," IK added.

The handsome actor who met his Colombian Oyinbo wife met on Instagram, said since he met her, his "account increased, my followers increased, my work rate, my spirituality increased".

The actor also disclosed that his estranged wife travelled down to Nigeria three months after they started chatting on Blackberry Messenger, adding that he was cash-strapped the day she first visited Nigeria, noting that he had just paid his house rent around the time.

He said: "I was stark broke when she came. I had just finished paying my rent and my account was red. I remember I borrowed like N10k from Adunni Ade. I used N5k to fuel the car to go to the airport. I had to buy Indomie (noodles) and a crate of eggs. I thought I was going to lose her."

Ogbonna said his wife wanted to go out and explore Nigeria but he insisted on them staying at home, adding that the first four days, her mood changed. "She was like how will I be in your country and you won't take me anywhere," he recounted.

"At some point, I had to tell her that I am a hustling guy. I am just someone that believes in myself. She asked me one question; do I look like someone that wants to marry a broke person?

"Then she said the second she saw me, she knew I was destined for something great. I had goosebumps, and instantly I knew she was my wife."

Morales spent two months in Nigeria and got pregnant with their child before she returned to Colombia.

‹‹123››
Viewing Page 1 of 381 pages